BEWARE! All beauty comes at a price. All parts of the brugmansia are poisonous! It is not poisonous to the touch, but definitely is if you eat it. I have been handling these trees almost every day for the past 4 years with absolutely no ill effects. However my cat once decided to take a bite out of a leaf. I immediately phoned the vet, who advised me not to worry however to be ready to clean up for the next few days! The cat recovered and I now make sure that in the house I keep the leaves out of reach. By the way, they really taste awful. If this worries you, you should be aware that many plants in many gardens are so. Rubber plants and Morning Glories are to name a few.